Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Teaser Tuesday #6: Bridge Of Birds


Today's TT is from one of the best books I have read this year: Bridge of Birds, Master Li, Book 1.
It is a fantasy-esque book set in "an Ancient China that never was". Come back here tomorrow for the review!
Taken from a page when the author is describing the importance of the drummer while two swordsman compete in Sword Dancing:

It is said that a truly great drummer is the equivalent of a third sword. Sample gymnasium conversation:
"I hear that Fan Yun has challenged you.Who's your drummer?"
"Blind Meng."

"Blind Meng! Great Buddha, I must sell my wife and wager the proceeds! Orderly, be so kind as to order flowers for Fan Yun's widow."

In other news, I have a Catchy Name Contest! that began yesterday, and will go on through the next 2 weeks. My blogpost above describes the details - I need a new name for the blog :) The winner gets a book via Book Depository, or an Ebook by Ilona Andrews. Also, I will be posting on all the attempts made, so your website would be linked as well.
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! I haven't seen this book in ages! I have it somewhere but haven't read it yet. Thanks for sharing.

    My teasers are here Manga Maniac Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great teaser! I haven't read this, but I definitely have to check it out now!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I have entered in a few suggestions for the blog naming contest. I'm definitely willing to promote your contest on my blog if you'd like me to. Just let me know!

    Missy @ Missy's Reads & Reviews
    (missyreadsreviews@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting since you let us in on what the passage pertains to it made perfect sense! My Teaser

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and really different teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an intriguing book! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! First I've heard of this one, but it sounds really interesting.

    My Teaser

    Sorry - I have no idea about a name for your blog. Just on the evidence of my own blog's name, it's pretty clear I'm seriously lacking in blog-naming skills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this before. I like Asian inspired fantasy for young adults (Eon: Dragoneye Reborn and Silver Phoenix) so I might like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your teaser is such a coincidence, since I went to see an exhibit on Sunday pertaining to the Terracotta Warriors from China. Seems to be a theme right now. :-)

    Good luck naming your blog!

    Meanwhile, my own teaser is at Bookishgal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that bad. He should change his drummer then. :-)

    Mine's from Devil May Cry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh. *makes note of book* I love Asian-themed fantasies. Sell his wife to wager the proceeds and send flowers to the other's widow, eh? Great teaser!

    And thanks for dropping by mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the teaser, I have never read anything relate to china yet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts