Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Teaser Tuesday #37 - Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things and Septimus Heap 6 Darke

This is a re-read Teaser this week! I'm reading (for the second time), a collection of Short stories by Neil Gaiman called Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders
Teaser from the Short Story - A Study in Emerald by Neil Gaiman: 
Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders“Of course not,” said my friend. “I know the squeak of your brougham wheels, though, after all this time: an oscillating G sharp above high C. And if Inspector Lestrade of Scotland Yard cannot publically be seen to come into the parlour of London’s only consulting detective, yet comes anyway, and without having had his breakfast, then I know that this is not a routine case. Ergo, it involves those above us and is a matter of national importance.”
I'm also finishing up the latest Septimus Heap book, by Angie Sage. I know I'm completely over this age group, but it is still necessary for me to finish series I begin. I'm not posting  a teaser here, the Neil Gaiman book is far more captivating. Can't you tell from the above mind-twisting take on a classic Sherlock story?
***
Teaser Tuesdays is hosted at Should Be Reading.


Teaser Tuesdays
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Neil Gaiman is awesome. I haven't read this book yet. Sounds great. Thanks for the tease!

    Here's mine: http://diannehartsock.wordpress.com/my-blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what beautiful writing. Thanks for introducing me to Neil Gaiman - he's going on my TBR pile!

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesdays_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neil Gaiman should move from anyone's TBR pile to their hands :)
    His short stories are a great way to do this, and one might be available for free on his site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah what a fun and wonderfully written teaser. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! for sharing this great teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deepali! I rarely read non-fiction, but Son of Hamas sounded very intriguing to me. It's set in Jordan, I'm not sure what year that particular sentence was from. The author was the son of the spiritual leader of Hamas, Jordan's terrorist organization. However, he (the author)later converted to Christianity.

    Your teaser sounds intriguing too. Believe it or not, I haven't yet read anything by Neil Gaiman!

    Cindy @Cindy's Book Club

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only tried one Neil novel and I couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll try another one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another Neil Gaiman novel that I have to place on my TBR.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Here is mine: http://www.peaceloveandreviews.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tease! I love me some Neil Gaiman. This is a new title for me, so I'm excited to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts