Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Teaser Tuesday #38 - A Curious Affair

A Curious AffairA Curious Affair: The only book I've read by this author and it definitely captured my interest. Melanie Jackson writes in that trickiest of styles - First person, yet manages to draw the reader into a murder that disrupts an idyllic countryside.
"I was unnerved, and not because I was following a talking cat, though I’m betting that’s the part of the story that most bothers you, since I assume you’re sensible and sane."
Only one line for a teaser today - from Chapter 2, Para 1. 

Mini Review:This is a mystery with a borderline supernatural element and I would suggest you pick it up if you are a cat lover. Or an animal lover.
I'm into Melanie's writing style now, and would be happy to find other books by her. If you have any recommendations for more mysteries by her, add that in your comment! 
I'm also interested in hearing about books that transcend the fantasy genre - like Jasper Fforde's novels,  Wicked by G. Maquire, and The Hunger Games.
See more here: Literature vs. Fantasy
***
Teaser Tuesdays is hosted at Should Be Reading.


Teaser Tuesdays


Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Nice Teaser!

    Being a cat lover I am intrigued!

    Paranormal Wastelands' TT
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_21.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I am not sure abou me being sensible and sane though LOL!

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was intriguing! I'm off to add the book to my wishlist.

    My teasers are from The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross and Savor the Danger by Lori Foster. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, the idea of following a talking cat is very charming :)

    My teaser is from Madonna of the Seven Hills, which is a book about the Borgias.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting :) At your teasers nw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cats! Maybe I should read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm maybe she has feline powers to talk to a cat who knows who did the deed. Keeping fingers crossed to hear more on this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Aisle B - good guess :D That is exactly right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL fun teaser. This sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts