Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Teaser Tuesday #39 - Snapshots from Hell: The Making of an MBA

A friend recommended I read Snapshots from Hell: The Making of an MBA,a book that is typically read by MBA aspirants. 
Why did I read this? While I already went to b-school, I usually like recommended books, and a refresher of those memories couldn't hurt.
Quoted from Page 62:
"I have now been to the first session of each of my five core courses. I do not understand Trees. I do not understand Computers. I do not understand Micro. I do not understand Accounting. I do understanding Organizational Behaviour, since it deals with words rather than numbers. But I don't like it.
So what am I doing at business school?"

I'm nearly done with this non-fiction book. Non-fiction is a rare breed both in my regular reading and in this meme, so I hope you will bear with me :)
Mini Review:
Good advice for someone considering an MBA, even though the edition is old and dated. Most of the material will still be very similar, and the structure of the MBA is exactly as described. The writing flows well and is easy to read - a pleasure!
***
To join into the TT fun, visit the link below!
Teaser Tuesdays
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Getting ready to go for just my BA, but this still sounds interesting. TFS.

    Here's mine: http://cindyhall.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good questions to ask if you think you're in the wrong field.

    Thanks for stopping by mine!

    RE: Death of a Chimney Sweep...this series is pretty good--but I wouldn't recommend reading a bunch in a row. There's a bit of formula to them that I think might get old if you read several right after each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is mine!
    http://jbabel.blogspot.com/2011/06/13-teaser-tuesday-hindi-bindi-club-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting teaser!

    It sounds like a good book for someone considering an MBA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an eye-opener...thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like me! Nice tease. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts