Saturday, April 21, 2012

Read-a-thon 2012 - Ebooks only!

Potential reading titles for the Readathon: 
  1. Kelley Armstrong's The Gathering 
  2. KA's The Calling
  3. Jo Beverly's Emily and the Dark Angel
  4. Diana Wynne Jones - The Tough guide to Fantasyland
  5. Intuition, the short-story prequel to Intangible by J. Meyers (its Free) 
  6. Mike Norton's Battlepug Graphic Novel
BookBox: embed book widget, share book list
 I'm trying to mix it up - Short story, a comic, romance, the inimitable DWJ...though they are ALL ebooks! What other genres could I add to provide some light relief? 

Introductory Hour 1 Challenge
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? 
Manipal, a small town in India

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? 
Probably the Diana Wynne Jones one, but I'm starting off with Jo Beverly's historical romance

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? 
Just went out for ice-cream to kick-start the Readathon!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! 
I have a newborn son to look after, so this Readathon might involve a lot of breaks

5) If you participated in the last Read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? 
My last Read-a-Thon back in Oct'10, when I read 4.5 books and 1,553 pages in 10 hours 
 
I'm a cheerleader - Go Team Puck! See you on the read-a-thon
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. To me India sounds really exotic :) And ice cream sounds like a great way to start the readathon. I hope you will get a good amount of reading done :) Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you should come visit - we love to travel :)

      Delete
  2. Now I want some ice cream but it's way too early here! What flavor? Your books look great. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a vanilla and chocolate icecream cake :)

      Delete
  3. HEEEY well hello to India!!!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Yes, I am really loving the hex hall books!

    Wow, a newborn! Yeah you are def. going to be taking baby breaks, LOL.
    Good luck with your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily have my parents baby sitting him too..that will help :)

      Delete
  4. I would love to do a readathon one of these days, but have too much scheduled this weekend. Enjoy your books! (I've read other books by Jo Beverly - they're fun! I hope you like this one!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I love her other books, they ARE fun!

      Delete
  5. That Diana Wynne Jones does sound really neat; that might be the one in your stack that I'd look forward to most too (but I've really liked some of Kelley Armstrong's other books too, so that might be fun). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts