Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #47: The Dance of Time & Free Books!

The past few weeks I've realized just how good at military fiction Eric Flint is. Now, back to the teaser game - Here's a teaser from Eric Flint's The Dance of Time (Belisarius series):
"The Malwa commander took a deep breath; then, slowly, sighed it out. "We can't hold Multan," he said quietly, speaking more to himself than to the lieutenant."
You can read most of Eric's books for free here or buy them from Baen.
How does the publisher give so many books away for FREE you ask? See This post on Baen and their free library.

Really Mini Summary:
Warfare and strategy in a Roman culture - pretty good stuff! Multiple cultures, two strong female protagonists, the decisive and effective Belisarius, and a whole lot of military action. This isn't for the faint-hearted.
Engrossing enough that I'm reading the entire series in a row.

To begin reading, here is the first free book in the Belisarius series, An Oblique Approach.
Let me know if you follow this blog, I'll follow back! 
***
To join into the TT fun, visit the link below!
Teaser Tuesdays
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. That sounds like a heavy concession. Great teaser - I'm definitely curious now!

    Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a lot of Baen books but I haven't given this series a try yet. My TBR stack is just too high right now. I did enjoy the teaser. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why they can't hold him. Good Teaser. Thanks for stopping by mine.

    My teaser is from Grave Mercy and can be found here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Teaser. Thanks for visiting my TT. I will have to check out Baen books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another series to add to my list! Thanks for visiting my teaser today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/teaser-tuesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cecilia - yes, it is! that's one army in trouble...

    @Kathy - I *heart* baen. Pls support DRM-free books y'all!

    @Irish - added to my TBR list.

    @Jen, Amy, Jenny - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I haven't read much military fiction, The Dance of Time sounds like a book I'd really enjoy. I'm definitely going to recommend it to my husband. Thanks for introducing me to this author and this book.
    Here's my teaser: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool teaser! I haven't heard of this one before. The publisher has a cool strategy. Thsnks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also haven't heard about this book before. Thanks for sharing your teaser.

    Here is mine:

    http://cmbrown-books.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/z-challenge-letter-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Megan - That is one unhappy commander :)

    @Sandy - You are welcome! We are all always glad to recommend outstanding novels :)

    @Andrea - Thanks for reading.

    @CM Brown - Looking forward to your teaser.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts